Blizzard did a good job nerfing all the quest XP after the first playthrough. So, many of the different “Do this quest” runs have been killed. Here’s a different run today that has some fantastic experience with it for Paragon leveling before the expansion.
This spot is in Act 1 at the Crypt of the Ancients. This location has a nice density of mobs that die pretty quickly and can be done in just a few minutes each run. At this location I’ve been able to get anywhere around 20-25 million xp here per run.
Ideally, you would want to have fantastic gear on Torment VI to get the most xp here. I know that isn’t always possible and heck, I can’t really do it very well on higher Torment levels than III. So, the xp here can be a lot better or slightly less depending on your gear setup and build.
Watch the video above to see the whole run in action or click through to see the run breakdown.
Crypt Runs Breakdown
- Start on Act 1, Broken Blade quest on the section Talk to Alaric.
- Talk to Alaric and then head to the Crypt of the Ancients to get the checkpoint.
- Now, you have the checkpoint so starting in the Crypt for each run is great!
- Speed is an important factor, you don’t want to take longer than a couple of minutes to clear this out.
- Depending on gear or personal preference you can skip the elite pack in here. Try it out and if it takes a long time to kill then just skip it.
- I like to always open every chest since I have gotten a lot of legendaries from chests.
I hope this helps you out getting that Paragon experience before RoS is launched later this month! Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get the latest videos if you haven’t already!
3 replies on “D3 Powerleveling – Crypt of the Ancients (CotA) Runs Patch 2.0.2”
Can you post your build please for the run?
You can find the build here: http://diablomandan.com/patch-2-0-1-whirlwind-ww-barbarian-build/
Hey just a heads up – you only got 25m for this run because you had a pool of reflection active. Still good for XP, but not quite that good.